The Las Vegas resort from which a gunman unleashed the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history has been ordered to preserve photos, surveillance video and gambling records of the shooter and notes by investigators.
A Clark County District Court spokeswoman said Judge Mark Denton last week approved a temporary order sought by lawyers for a California woman who was critically wounded at the country music festival on Oct. 1.
The order covers records kept by MGM Resorts International. Other defendants are the concert promoter, the Texas company that manufactures a device police say the gunman used to make semi-automatic weapons fire almost continuously, and Stephen Paddock’s estate.
MGM Resorts says it has no intention of renting the suite Paddock used and is cooperating in the investigation, including preserving evidence.
- New York Marine & General Insured Las Vegas Festival Targeted by Shooter
- Terrorism Risks Have Made Tight Security Routine at Many Global Hotels, Resorts
- Las Vegas Mass Shooting Raises Concerns Over Safety at Live Events
- Las Vegas Shooting Victims Sue Bump Stock Manufacturers
- Failed Fyre Festival and a Lesson in Events Insurance
- What to Know About Insuring Fairs, Festivals and Other Special Events
Copyright 2017 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.