The third quarter natural catastrophe loss estimates continue to rise, as more insurers and reinsurers weigh in with their loss totals from Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, and the Mexico earthquakes.
The latest companies to provide estimates include:
- AXIS Capital Holdings Ltd. estimated its pre-tax losses from the three hurricanes and earthquakes at $617 million, net of reinsurance and reinstatements. The after-tax total is $578 million.
- Everest Re Group Ltd. announced it expects to incur pretax catastrophe losses, net of reinsurance and reinstatement premiums of $1.2 billion, with a net economic impact of $900 million after taxes. This estimate includes losses from Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, as well as estimated losses from the earthquake events in Mexico.
- Arch Capital Group announced an after-tax preliminary range extending from $285 million to $345 million for the three hurricanes, Mexican earthquake events and other minor global events (also net of reinsurance and reinstatement premiums). [Editor’s note: the company did not provide pre-tax figures.]
- Lloyd’s Outlook Is Negative on Hurricane Losses; Ratings Affirmed: S&P
- XL Group Estimates $1.48B in Q3 Natural Catastrophe Losses
- Insurers, Reinsurers Tally Maria, Irma, Harvey and Other Disaster Losses
- Partner Re, RenRe & Third Point Re Estimate Q3 Natural Catastrophe Losses
Want to stay up to date?
Get the latest insurance news
sent straight to your inbox.
- Email This
- Categories: International News
- Topics: 2017 catastrophes, Arch Capital, AXIS Capital, catastrophe losses 2017, Everest Re, Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Harvey insured losses, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Irma insured losses, Hurricane Maria, Hurricane Maria insured losses, Mexico earthquake 2017, Mexico earthquakes, Research and Trends
- Have a hot lead? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org